|SIGHT ~ www.callsight.net ~ Established 2005 ~ Hagerstown Maryland ~ 301-992-9988
Copyright 2005 ~ All Rights Reserved
Though they may vary in shape and size, orbs are most commonly round
in shape and whitish gray in color. They may be found in photographs
taken during a haunting or at a haunted site.
An orb is the basic energy pattern or shape of the spirit world. It is the
most common shape found in ghost photography and is most likely the
‘natural’ shape of the ghost when unfettered by the physical.
Some of the things that make orbs appear in pictures are dust particles,
water vapor, bugs, light refraction, reflections, digital degeneration, etc.
There are so many false positives, it is extremely important to
understand what to look for to determine if what you have is valid.
Valid ORB Criteria
There are so many theories and very much controversy over orbs, it
encompasses volumes. Some groups dismiss all of them, while some
accept them all. Others are picky and SIGHT falls into that category. We
made a list of what we consider criteria for what constitutes a valid 'orb'.
If it doesn't meet a majority of the criteria, it's cast out.
- Luminance - It is a source of light
- No Nucleus - Has no (pollen or dust) particle at its center
- Opaqueness - Dense and 3 Dimensional, Not see-through
- Distance Perspective - Large when close, Small when far
- Simultaneous Phenomena - Correlating event that validates an
- Solitary - Not seen with a multitude of other orbs
- Relevance - It appears on queue and with reason behind it
- Pulse/Vibratory Cell Wall - Aura or pulsing multiple edge
- Stop/Start (Video Only) - Changes direction, stops, starts,
- Reverse Draft (Video Only) - Goes opposite the draft as
evidence by dust orbs
Visit our PHOTO GALLERY
View images of ORBS taken during actual SIGHT investigations!
EVP - ELECTRONIC VOICE PHENOMENA
A process through which the voices of the dead are captured on audio
If ghosts are not corporeal, how do they manage to talk? The answer is
actually obvious. They use whatever is available. It largely depends upon what
YOU are using to record them.
The most common medium ghosts use is called White Noise. White noise is a
multitude of random unfocused signals that amount to electronic garbage.
Ghost Researchers theorize that somehow, that ‘noise’ can be manipulated
deliberately by ghosts to form a voice. Think of the ghost as a potter and
white noise as the clay.
Learn more about the history of EVP recordings HERE.
SIGHT classifies EVPs by the following criteria:
- Class A: Easily understood with little or no dispute, these are also
usually the loudest and the clearest EVP.
- Class B: Usually characterized by warping of the voice, lower in volume
or more distant sounding than Class A. Class B is the most common
type of EVP.
- Class C: Characterized by excessive warping. They are the lowest in
volume (often whispering) and are the hardest to understand.
VISIT OUR EVP STUDIO
Listen to live recordings captured during SIGHT investigations!
Are Ghosts real?
We ask that question ourselves. Many seek to
answer this question beyond a shadow of a doubt.
At SIGHT we take a scientific approach to Ghost
Hunting. We believe in looking at evidence rather
than conjecture. If you want to know if ghosts
exist, take a look here and decide for yourself.
|"Orb in motion"
Photo taken at a local